You can pull through published reading lists matching your module title and code, and display a preview of the list in Canvas. If your list does not appear in the 'Reading List' Canvas tab it may be that it is still in draft form and will need to be published. Once you have found the correct reading list, just click on 'Save' on the right-hand side:
Students access their reading list through their module Canvas site. The reading list appears in its entirety in the 'Reading List' menu tab (left). You can also embed sections of reading lists into relevant "units" or "pages" in Canvas. To do this, follow the instructions in the box below.
Embedding Sections of your Reading List into Pages in Canvas (6 steps)
1. Create a Unit for each of your reading list sections. See the guide to 'Embedding in Units'
2. Go to your Units and click on the relevant Reading List unit (e.g. 'Week 1 Reading List')
3. Copy the URL
4. Go to Pages and begin creating and editing your page. Somewhere on the page, you will need to create a hyperlink to the Reading List unit. You could use an image, or a piece of text to signpost the hyperlink (e.g. 'Week 1 Reading List')
5. Highlight the text or image that you would like to use as the hyperlink and click on the hyperlink icon ('Link to URL')
6. Paste the URL into the box and click 'Insert Link'
You should now have a clickable hyperlink to the Week 1 section of your reading list.