In the Library
- 2 individual TV/DVD (region 2) players
- 1 individual TV/VHS/DVD (PAL/region 2) player
- 1 audio cassette player
- Remote controls available from the Information Hub
- Headphones available from the Information Hub
- Library PCs play multi-region, region 1 and region 2 DVDs
- Library Macs play region 2 DVDs
- 7 group study rooms with PCs and 50" plasma screens. They do not have speakers, but can be used with headphones.
- 6 scanners
- black and white, and colour photocopiers
The following equipment may be borrowed on a first-come-first-served basis from the IT Service Desk in Shawcross:
- MP3 recorders
- CD and cassette players
- data/video projectors
- small PA systems and wired mic
- laptops (very short loan only)
- portable overhead projector
- digital video camcorders (mini-DVD tape or tapeless) and tripods
- portable induction loop
- Mac VGA adapters (various)
The following larger items are available by arrangement with IT Services (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 877181 to discuss):
- large portable PA system
- free-standing projector screens
- 35mm slide projector
- flipchart stand
Audiovisual materials can be a valuable source of information for all areas of study. We have access to a number of resources that can help you find such material.
Search online film, sound and image archives, see the best websites and find supporting print materials in the library. Get help with using resources with our instant chat box.
Take a look at our referencing and copyright page to make sure you stay legal and can properly reference your sources.
Training and Viewing Room
The Library has a Viewing room which can be used for groups to watch DVDs (region 2) on a large screen. It has seats for 15, but can hold up to 25. To book this room please contact Learning and Teaching Support on (87)7199 or email email@example.com
University of Sussex
Brighton BN1 9QL